Friday, May 22, 2009

Having An Old Stand-By...


If there's one thing that I've learned over the past few years, it's that life has seasons. Our family size and situations can change from year-to-year, sometimes from month-to-month. To live frugally and be a good steward of our finances, we must be willing to change and adapt with the times.

For me, one of the most crucial things I've had to adjust to was the fact that there will be times that I simply CAN'T do a thorough "bargain run". While I truly enjoy looking through the sales papers and sites and matching my coupons... and I delight in perusing my "You saved 80%!" receipts... sometimes, well, LIFE interferes. This was certainly the case early in this pregnancy when nausea and fatigue hit me like a ton of bricks. It was definitely true when my daughter arrived so prematurely.

And it's true again.

I'm eight months pregnant and my husband is currently out of state. When I realized that we needed a few items to round out our pantry yesterday, I inwardly cringed at the idea of loading up preschoolers and traipsing through supermarkets. And so I didn't.

I went to Aldi.

For me, Aldi is a great back-up plan. I know I can find my essentials there and that I won't pay through the nose. Can I often score better deals other places by matching sales and coupons? Yep. But was it worth it to get in and out lickety-split with no fuss or long prep? You better believe it.


Every season is unique and special... it pays to remember that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This post is linked to Frugal Friday, hosted at Life as MOM.

1 comment:

Myra @ My Blessed Life said...

Wonderful post! Since having my first child who is now 4.5 months old, I'm learning to streamline certain things and being ok with not necessarily getting every good deal or having my home spotlessly clean every single day.