Thursday, June 11, 2009

That's SO "Last Season"!


My advice for today? When you're faced with the need to buy a big ticket item and you don't have a lot of time to wait for sales...

say, just for instance, if you go to get out the infant seat/ stroller system a week before you're having a baby only to discover that rodents have built a nest in it...

anyway, if something like that happens to you, look for discontinued colors.

We recently saved well over a hundred dollars on the above Chicco system simply because the color had been discontinued. Will our baby be out of the loop for using last season's colors? I'm not too worried about it. But I'm thrilled to have left that extra cash in our account!

(Oh, and, by the way? The baby who will be using that brand new seat is being delivered TODAY! So be sure to stop by soon to get the details!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This post is linked to Frugal Friday.

3 comments:

Heather Benza said...

woo hoo FULL TERM! Very exciting! Can't wait to see your baby post! I really hope you're taking a laptop to the hospital because I seriously lack patience!

Melissa said...

What exciting news! And I agree completely about saving by choosing discontinued colors and such. I'm not exactly on the cutting edge of fashion, and my children are bound to learn that sooner or later. :)

Mom2fur said...

Congratulations to all! I hope you are doing fine. And the baby is going to look snazzy in that stroller.
How can blue ever be 'out of style'?