Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Italian Sausage in a Pinch


I never buy Italian sausage. Well, never is a strong word... I may have purchased it once or twice. But, most frequently, I just use regular old "bulk breakfast sausage" in my recipes that call for Italian sausage. I need to point out here that I do not actually make any recipes that involve eating the sausage "as is" in that big ol' tube... I just don't like sausage THAT much.

Sausage purists won't like this tip but, in a pinch, you can easily use a tube of breakfast sausage in any recipe calling for a pound of Italian sausage. Here's how...

Brown the meat the same as you always would and, once most of the pink is gone, add 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, and 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes. End of story. :)

This post is linked to:

No comments: