Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars

Do you call them "cookie bars" or "pan cookies"? I come from a "cookie bar" family, but I've heard both. Many drop cookie recipes can be adapted to make cookie bars, but often a bit of tweaking is needed. I love cookie bars because, to me, the baking sheet after sheet of dough blobs is the time-consuming part!

Out of chocolate chips and low on peanut butter (have you noticed how often I run low on things and have to come up with something new???), I set out to create a Snickerdoodle Cookie Bar. Yum! Here it is:

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 package instant vanilla pudding
1 tablespoon milk
1 3/4 cups flour
cinnamon-sugar (for sprinkling generously over the top)

Preheat oven to 350. Cream butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla, mixing on low. Add remaining ingredients (except for cinnamon-sugar) in order listed. You should be left with a stiff, golden dough. Spread dough in greased 8 or 9 inch square pan and sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture generously over the top. Bake for about 20 minutes, until lightly golden. I recommend letting them cool for a bit before cutting into squares!

This post is linked to:

No comments: