Monday, August 25, 2008

The Title of this Blog...


I really thought long and hard about what I should call this blog. I didn't want to be too "clinical" and call it "Caring for Your Micropreemie". I also did not want to title it "Tiny Miracles", which implies a definite focus on just the babies themselves. I really wanted this blog to be a place where parents (and loved ones and friends) could come to find some support and information.

And I hesitated to even use the word "miracles". I'm still not entirely sure I like it. It's not that I don't feel that my baby girl is a miracle; I do! She beat extraordinary odds. But is not my son a miracle too? Aren't all children precious miracles in their own right? I firmly believe that they are. My child is not any more special than another because of her early birth. She is, however, one spunky, feisty, tough little cookie. And her story is pretty amazing...

And she is one of the tiniest of miracles. These itty-bitty babies, like all children, are miraculous blessings. Here, we talk about how to parent these tiniest of miracles. And how to support those who do...

No comments: