Thursday, March 26, 2009

13 Little Things I Miss While I'm Pregnant


(** Disclaimer: Please know that I am fully aware that not ONE of these of things is really a big deal and that having a happy, healthy baby trumps them all. I've had a great pregnancy and don't want anyone to think I'm complaining! But, just for fun, here are I few things that I must confess I'm looking forward to being able to enjoy again!)

1. Blue Cheese- I adore blue cheese... on a steak, in an omelet, you name it. But it's not pasteurized. Sigh.
2. Rare Steak- I really only like rare or medium rare. As a result, I pretty much don't eat it through the pregnancy...
3. Balance Ball Work-Outs- Really. I'm a fanatic about keeping my abs in shape. (Perhaps one of the reasons my bump is slow to grow!) I truly miss these work-outs, but it's great to know I'll have them to whip myself back into shape when the time comes.
4. A Glass Of Sauvignon Blanc- From New Zealand, please. Oh, yum. My very favorite wine- bone dry and crisp.
5. Raw Eggs- Okay, I don't actually eat raw eggs, but I am notorious for licking cookie dough and brownie batter when not pregnant. One of my favorite parts of baking!
6. High Heels- My center of gravity is not what it used to be. I fell on my face wearing flats yesterday. Heels are not something I want to risk at the moment...
7. Normal Flossing- I have major issues with bleeding gums when I'm pregnant. Kind of icky.
8. Regular Coffee- I'm pretty content with my decaf but there are days, oh, there are days when a little caffeine would sure help!
9. Lifting My Children- Having a restriction of "nothing over 15 lb" means they're both off-limits. We've adjusted pretty well but there are times when it breaks my heart that I can't pick them up.
10. My Waist :)- I normally have a pretty tiny waist. Right now I just feel kind of "thick".
11. Staying Up Past 10 pm Occasionally- I simply cannot keep my eyes open past 10. I've tried. It's ridiculous. But, on the plus side, it beats the first trimester when I couldn't stay up past 8:30! ;)
12. Jogging- Again, something I enjoy doing to keep in shape. I'm still walking on the treadmill every day for at least a mile and a half, but it never feels quite as invigorating.
13. Oh, for goodness sake, scrap it all! I wouldn't trade feeling this baby kick and somersault for all of those things put together!

How about you? If you're currently expecting, what do you miss the most? Or what do you recall missing during previous pregnancies? Always fun to share!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For more Thursday {Thirteen}, be sure to visit Happy to be @ Home!

6 comments:

Hoosier Homemade said...

Nice post! Thanks for sharing!
Been there~done that :)
~Liz

Goat Gal said...

# 11 was one of my hardships too!
Have a great pregnancy!

Anonymous said...

I'm not pregnant now, but I can say that even though I gave up both smoking and drinking when I got pregnant the two things I missed the most were soft cheese and cold medicine.

I didn't meed the beer or cigarettes at all. When I got a cold I was crying for Nyquil.

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

I'm not pregnant and I stil have a hard time staying up past 10.LOL! :D Great list!

Heather Benza said...

I miss being able to tie both of my shoes without taking a "sit upright" rest in between.

Anonymous said...

I hated not being able to be as active of a mommy. I love being able to swing with my kids, run the bases with them, and give them "airplane" rides. But, the gift of a new sibling completely makes up for any losses of Mommy for a few months!!