Thursday, November 5, 2009

Baby In A Bag




If you have a baby anywhere between newborn and 6 months and it's at all chilly where you live- or you run the AC at night and that MAKES it chilly at night- here's something I firmly believe you should have-

Fleece Sleep Bags.

You know what I'm talking about? These doo-hickeys right here:



Here are a few reasons why:
  • They are warm.
  • They allow room for baby to curl up or kick around, depending on the baby's preference.
  • They are super easy to put on.
  • They make middle-of-the-night diaper changes a snap (or "zip", if you will...)
  • They are super easy to wash and dry quickly.
  • A baby in one of these sleepers is about the snuggliest, cuddliest thing in the world.

A couple times these won't do the trick:

  • When you head out, change your baby into something with LEGS. Car seat straps don't work well with these.
  • For babies who require special wires and tubes (i.e. feeding tubes, apnea monitors, etc.), these are not ideal- they pretty much all zip and babies with these special circumstances need outfits that snap...

I received a couple of these sleep sacks at a baby shower for my first baby and they're still going strong...


Sleep sacks are, for sure, a Thing I Love!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This post is linked to Things I Love Thursday at The Diaper Diaries.

5 comments:

Ann Marie said...

I totally agree! :) I love sleep sack sleepers for nighttime especially!!

ps.Did you know they make these same outfits with a strategic seatbelt hole?? (they are usually thicker, kinda equal to a baby's winter coat)

~M said...

Do you have suggestions for a baby shower gift for a coworker? She does not know whether she's having a boy or girl. It'd be great if you could do a roundup!

thediaperdiaries said...

Completely agree. I have a Halo one that even has things to swaddle his arms which is so helpful when they are newborns.

MommyAmy said...

Yup! They are totally awesome!

Katie, Kevin and kids said...

Totally agree! I love how snuggly sweet my babes all felt wearing their sleep sacks. I especially liked the sleeveless ones.