Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Little Size Perspective

We brought our sweet baby C. home in April of '06, just shy of her due date; she was 3 1/2 months old.

This is the size diaper she was wearing:



That is not a preemie size diaper. No ma'am. That is a special even TINIER size available only to the hospital market. They had to send us home with several packages. From there, she graduated to "preemie size" and then, finally (at around 6 months old), to newborn size.

For another perspective, here is that same diaper up against another of the same brand (Pampers) that my son was wearing at the same age- a size 3. (For the record, my son was a big baby-- it is more typical for a 3 1/2 month old baby to be in a size 2 than a size 3...)


This is why I laughed, my friends, when people thought my 5 lb 8 oz third child was "so little"!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Final note: This post was written and scheduled DAYS ago, but in that time I stumbled upon Quatro Mama's post about her quads and their preemie diapers here. Check out their site- another Indianapolis commercial-worthy miracle story.

No comments: