Monday, November 1, 2010

Menu Plan: 10/31- Cooking for Buzz, the Princess, & a Baby Leopard



Happy Halloween! And Happy November! And Happy 30 Day Give, while we're at it! I'm so excited for it to be "that time of year again"... the 30 Day Giving Challenge is such a perfect time to count (and share) our blessings with others. I'm quite certain some of my "gives" will wind up food-related, so I'll be sharing more about that as time goes on...

Sunday:

B-Cereal, Applesauce, Milk
L-Mummy Dogs, Spanish Rice, Corn, Water (I realize this is a weird combo... I'd planned on making the rice Saturday evening, but we ended up going out for supper.)
D-Jack 'o Lantern Burgers, Baked Beans, Pickles

Monday:

B-Apple Cinnamon Toast, Milk
L-P,B,&J, Pretzels, Juice
D-Supper at my sister's house... and my brother will be there from out of state! I'm in charge of dessert...

Tuesday:

B-PB Toast, Applesauce, Milk
L-Spanish Rice, Corn, Juice


Wednesday:

B-Egg Burrito, Juice
L-Peanut Noodles, Apples, Milk
D-Poor Man's Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwiches (This is a whole new creation for me! I'm anticipating good things... I'll be sure to share if it works out. I think this will end up being a very frugal take on a fancy-feeling meal!)


Thursday:

B-Oatmeal with Blueberry Jam, Milk
L-Buttered Noodles, Raisins, Cheese, Water
D-Chili w/ Cornbread Leaves (Did you know it's easy to cut shapes out of freshly baked corn bread? So fun! The kids adore it.)


Friday:

B-Smoothies, Toast
L-Cheesy Beans & Rice, Milk
D-Sausage & Jalapeno Pizza (this would be my husband's choice for the month!)

Saturday:

B-Bacon, Egg, & Cheese Burritos
L-Ham Sandwiches, Apples, Milk
D-Carnitas Soft Tacos, Black Beans (I'll be making these with flour tortillas this go-around-- not authentic, to be sure, but the preference of the whole fam. That counts for something. ;) )

Lynn's Cheeseburger Calzone recipe we tried last week was very yummy! We all enjoyed it, but I would say it was a particular hit with the boys of the family. It makes a LOT (it used two pizza crusts worth of dough), so we had plenty of lunch leftovers for them.

I also made some homemade peppermint patties last week for the first time. (My sister declared them superior to York!) I'll be sharing that recipe with you all tomorrow.

This post is linked to Menu Plan Monday.

No comments: