Monday, November 8, 2010

Menu Plan: 11/7- Keeping the Chill Off



Brrr... it's finally starting to feel pretty chilly around here. I refused to turn the heat on in my house until November 1st. (Okay, that's not entirely true- I turned the heat on in the baby's bedroom at night because she doesn't sleep with a blanket yet...) I am S.T.U.B.B.O.R.N. It's true. I still only turn the kitchen and living room heats on for a short period in the early morning to "take the chill off". So how do we warm up? Hearty pastas, tummy-warming soups, and rich cheese sauces. Mmmm... bring it on:

Sunday:

B-Cereal, Yogurt, Juice
L-Sausage, Egg, & Cheese Biscuits
D-Ravioli & Meatballs, Green Beans

Monday:

B-Peanut Butter Oatmeal w/ a couple chocolate chips just to make 'em smile, Milk
L-P,B,&J, Pretzels, Juice
D-Batter Dipped Chicken Nuggets, Oven Fries from Fingerlings, Corn

Tuesday:

B-Toast w/ Homemade Black Raspberry Jam, Applesauce, Milk
L-Oven Fries, Broccoli w/ Ranch Dip, Water
D-French Onion Soup (w/ the requisite toasted French bread and Swiss cheese! Actually, I think Gruyere is probably more authentic, but I digress...)

Wednesday:

B-Banana Choc Chip Mini Muffins, Yogurt, Juice
L-Grilled Cheese, Tangerines, Milk
D-Stuffed Meatball Breadstick Sandwiches, Salad (My plan is to actually take a picture of these this time so I can share the recipe... someone please remind me on Wednesday, will you? ;) )

Thursday:

B-Oatmeal, Apple Slices, Milk
L-Buttered Noodles, Yogurt, Juice
D-Seafood Crepes (My kids are off school and my hubby is off work in honor of Veteran's Day... so we'll enjoy a yummy, fancy meal together!)

Friday:

B-Pumpkin Pie Smoothies, Fruit
L-Cheesy Beans & Rice, Milk
D-Pepperoni & Jalapeno Pizza (the 5yo picked this one!)

Saturday:

B-Ham Steak, Tater Tots, Fruit
L-Souped-Up Tomato Soup, Cheese Bread
D-Laura's Macaroni & Cheese, Peas (My two girls LOVE peas. I do not. But that's not going to stop me from serving them up!)

My Poor Man's Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwiches last night were an all-around hit. Well, the baby ate the ham and cheese off and abandoned the bread, but that's just how she rolls. ;) I was very pleased with how they turned out. Would anyone be interested in that recipe?

I am SO excited to be having French Onion Soup this week for supper. My dad makes a rockstar French Onion Soup, but I enjoy almost any version. I think soup that involves melty cheese just has a special place in my heart...

What's your favorite soup to warm up with on a chilly Fall night?

This post is linked to Menu Plan Monday.

4 comments:

Heather Benza said...

Neither one of my boys likes chocolate chips in their oatmeal...isn't that just freaky?!?

Alicia said...

Sounds like a yummy week of meals - I wouldn't mind trying out the chicken cordon blue recipe, if you're sharing! :-) have a great week

Mrs. B said...

Visiting from OrgJunkie! Please, please take a picture and share the recipe for your stuffed meatball breadsticks! Just consider this your Wednesday reminder....

Phoebe @ GettingFreedom said...

We LOVE French Onion Soup!! I like a really rich version, and my homemade one just isn't it. Do you have a recipe to share? ;)