Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Questions For the Pediatrician



Okay... this is such a no-brainer. But, believe it or not, my pediatrician says I'm one of the few parents he has who does this.

When one of my children has a well-child appointment coming up, I make a list of questions or concerns that my husband and I would like addressed. I have a decent memory, but odds are good that, in the midst of child-wrangling, I'll forget something if it's not on paper...



I keep a notebook handy and jot things down as I think of them. The morning of the appointment, I check with my husband to see if he has any last minute additions. And then I go right down that list with our doctor. I scrawl down any information I want to be sure to remember to share with hubby later. When we're done going over our pediatrician's recommendations, I file the paper away in my kids' medical folder.

Writing it down saves me a ton of frustration and ensures I won't have to smack myself on the forehead as I drive home and realize, "Oh! I forgot to ask..."

Writing it down works for me.

To see what other tips and tricks work for people, check out Works for Me Wednesday over at Rocks In My Dryer.

2 comments:

Martie said...

As one of the head-smackers, I say GREAT IDEA!

Your daughter is a doll!

Martie
Mom to 9

Anonymous said...

I am SO BAD about this. Need to take note! I'm actually pretty bad about keeping well child appointments... maybe I should get on the phone to the dr. office.