Monday, March 22, 2010

Menu Plan Monday: 3/21/10


I haven't shared many Menu Plan Mondays in the past but, believe it or not, I have some of the most detailed menu plans most people have ever seen. I plan every single breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the week. As sort of a kick in my own tail to get some more of my recipes on here, I'm going to try post my weekly menu plans more consistently. Here goes...

Sunday:

B-Cereal (more on why we choose to eat cereal around here on Wednesday!) , Applesauce, Milk
L-Scrambled Eggs with Bacon, Toast, Fruit
D-Sunday Supper at Bama & Papa's (those would be my parents, fyi)

Monday:

B-Breakfast Burritos, Milk
L-Rice, Grapes, Yogurt, Juice
D-Poor Man's Chicken Parmesan, Pasta, Green Beans

Tuesday:

B-Steel-cut Oats (they sell these at Aldi now- yahoo!), Yogurt, Juice
L-Italian Cheese Bread, Fruit, Milk
D-Beef Soft Tacos w/ Peppers, Onions, Lettuce

Wednesday:

B-Cinnamon & Sugar Toast, Apples, Milk
L-P,B,&J, Yogurt, Pretzels, Water

Thursday:

B-English Muffins w/ PB, Yogurt, Juice
L-Mashed taters w/ Pepperoni & Cheese, Fruit, Milk
D-Chicken Lo Mein

Friday (meatless- it's Lent):

B-Steel-cut Oats, Applesauce, Milk
L-Buttered Noodles, Fruit, Milk
D-Pizza (mushroom and red pepper flakes for the littles, tons of veggies for the bigs), Water

Saturday:

B-Egg Sandwiches on homemade rolls
L-Chicken Noodle Soup, Beer Bread, Fruit
D-BBQ Hot Dogs (I was introduced to these in Indiana... does anyone else eat them?), Macaroni & Cheese, Salad

Aside from Wednesday- which is a total day of madness here with five extra places we need to be- it should be a fairly typical week! What's your family cooking up these days?

This post is linked to Menu Plan Monday.

No comments: