Monday, July 5, 2010

Menu Plan: 7/4- Happy 4th of July!


Happy Independence Day! I'm declaring independence from hot, rich foods and trying out a few new recipes in the process! To those of you who scoff at my soup on the menu ("It's July, JessieLeigh, what is wrong with you???"), I say this- Italian Wedding Soup is delightfully light and perfectly appropriate this time of year... especially when made with fresh garden spinach.

B-Cereal, Applesauce, Milk
L-Cocoa Rolls, Sausage Links
D-Burgers on the grill w/ Buffalo Sauce- bleu or mozzerella, depending on individual taste (mine will be BLEU, no doubt!), Oven Fries

Monday:

B-Bagels w/ cream cheese, Organic orange juice (given to me for free at a local grocer when I stopped by to pick up two bottles of ketchup for 19 cents... nice deal!)
L-P, B, & J (made with fresh homemade black raspberry jam), Applesauce, Pretzels, Milk
D-Cookout at Bama & Papa's (I think ribs are on the menu? Everyone (else) will be thrilled! ;))

Tuesday:

B-PB Toast, Berries (from my yard), Milk
L-Chili Dog Baked Potatoes, Water
D-BBQ Chicken Sandwiches topped with lettuce from the garden

Wednesday:

B-Oatmeal, Grapes, Milk
L-BBQ Chicken & Noodles, Corn, Water
D-Lynn's Taco Pasta

Thursday:

B-Cinnamon/Sugar Toast, Yogurt, Juice
L-Cheesy Beans & Rice, Milk
D-Pigs in Blankets, Corn


Friday:

B-Smoothies, Toast
L-Scrambled Eggs, Crackers, Fruit, Milk
D-Bacon & Mushroom Pizza (the fave pizza of all my peeps... my fave will be coming up later in the month!)

Saturday:

B-Bacon, Egg, & Cheese English Muffin Sandwiches
L-Leftovers
D-Italian Wedding Soup, Grilled Cheese

I realized that, since we'll be out of town all weekend, I won't be able to do my usual "every 4 week" Aldi trip. As a result, next week's menu plan will be strictly "eating out of the pantry". Since my pantry is not exactly stuffed right now, it could get interesting. Be sure to come back to see what I come up with!

This post is linked to Menu Plan Monday.

No comments: