Monday, July 26, 2010

Snicker-Puddin'-Doodles


These totally didn't come about just because I was bored... or because I had a package of pudding nearing its "best used by" date and, well, I hate to waste... nah, I would never do such a thing. Okay, so maybe I would. But, trust me, my quirkiness is your gain in this case! These "snickerdoodle" type cookies are rich in vanilla flavor and golden color... sure to please young and old alike!

Snicker-Puddin'-Doodles

1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 package instant vanilla pudding
1 tablespoon milk
1 1/2 cups flour
cinnamon-sugar (just enough for dipping your dough balls)

Preheat oven to 350. Cream butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla, mixing on low. Add remaining ingredients (except for cinnamon-sugar) in order listed. You should be left with a stiff, golden dough. Roll teaspoonfuls into balls. Dip each ball in cinnamon-sugar mixture and place on greased cookie sheets. Flatten slightly with two fingers. Bake for 6 minutes- 3 on lower rack, 3 on upper rack. Remove to racks or brown paper (<-- my method... I got it from my mama!) to cool.

(My batch yielded 39 cookies. I tend to make my cookies on the smallish side so, if you roll bigger balls, expect fewer cookies and a slightly longer bake time!)

This post is linked to:



No comments: