Monday, September 20, 2010

Menu Plan: 9/19- Comfort Food and Summer Fare


I love this time of year! Fall is by far my favorite season. One nice perk of September is the mix of crisp and warm days... not only does it feel nice to have that juxtaposition (gosh, that's a fun word!), but it also means that almost anything works for a menu plan. Comfort food? (See Wednesday or Saturday.) Bring it on! Lighter summer fare? (See Thursday or Friday.) Still works! How fun is THAT?

Sunday:

B-Cereal, Yogurt, Juice
L-Ham, Egg, & Cheese Sandwiches, Grapes
D-Sunday Supper at Bama & Papa's... a belated 88th birthday party for my grandma- she just moved here to CT (from Arizona) and we are so blessed to have her!

Monday:

B-Oatmeal, Raisins, Milk
L-Muffins, Hard Boiled Eggs, Juice
D-Tuna Casserole, Peas (I've never eaten tuna casserole in my life. I like tuna sandwiches, but I'm not sure about this... think I'll like it?)

Tuesday:

B-PB Toast, Grapes, Milk
L-Rice & Pink Beans w/ Cheese, Juice
D-Stuffed Breadstick Sandwiches w/ Meatballs and Cheese (These will be an experiment- I'm planning to make a jumbo version of stuffed breadsticks with meatballs, sauce, and cheese INSIDE... I'll let you know how it goes!)

Wednesday:

B-Cereal, Applesauce, Milk
L-P, B, & J, Apples, Milk
D-Chicken Smothered w/ Onions, Egg Noodles, Green Beans


Thursday:

B-Cinnamon/Sugar Tortillas, Raisins, Milk
L-Buttered Noodles w/ Fresh Parsley, Juice
D-Burgers (mine will be topped with blue cheese- my kids will probably want it too :)), Oven Fries, Corn, Pickles


Friday:

B-Smoothies, Toast
L-Ham Sandwiches, Apples, Milk
D-Chicken, Tomato, and Onion Pizza (one of my very fave combos!!!)

Saturday:

B-Cereal, Apples, Milk
L-on the road
D-Poor Man's Chicken Parm...

I'll be cooking Saturday night with my best friend!!! Hooray! We're heading up to the coast of Massachusetts for the weekend. Saturday is also my husband's birthday, so I'll be making and packing some Cake Balls for us to all enjoy together. That little road-trip is also the reason behind that lame "cereal" breakfast on a Saturday... not very typical around here. The kids DO usually have cereal on Sunday mornings before 8:30am mass, though, and we'll probably be indulging in a big feast with our friends this time. It will even out. :)

What are you up to this week? What meals do you love to serve up in fall?


This post is linked to Menu Plan Monday.

No comments: