Monday, September 13, 2010

Menu Plan: 9/12- Still Trying to "Like" Healthy


September is in full swing and, for some reason, the means a lot of doctor's appointments around here! Fortunately, they don't interfere with meals much, with a little careful planning. This week, my former micropreemie C (who is now 4) is being fitted for contact lenses... Pray for me. ;)

Sunday:

B-Cereal, Applesauce, Milk
L-Cinnamon Rolls, Sausage Links, Juice
D-Sunday Supper at Bama & Papa's

Monday:

B-Oatmeal, Yogurt, Juice
L-P,B,&J, Grapes, Milk
D-Lynn's Nacho Cheese Tortilla Chicken Bake

Tuesday:

B-PB Toast, Apple Slices, Milk
L-Cheese Quesadillas w/ Homemade Ranch-Style Beans, Jello, Water
D-Herb-Grilled Salmon, Diced Roasted Taters, California Veggies


Wednesday:

B-Cereal, Raisins, Juice
L-Potato, Egg, & Cheese Hash, Milk
D-Poor Man's Chicken Parm, Pasta, Broccoli


Thursday:

B-Hard-boiled Eggs, Cinnamon Toast, Milk
L-Pasta Salad, Broccoli, Milk


Friday:

B-Smoothies, Fruit
L-Baked Beans & Hot Dogs, Corn, Water
D-Pepperoni Stuffed-Crust Pizza

Saturday:


In the ongoing saga of salmon and my family, as you can see, we will be eating it again this week. We actually had Salmon Burgers last week for supper (well, 4 of us did, *ahem*...) and my boy declared them "the most delicious burgers ever!!!" Herbed salmon fillet was the one meal my son requested for the month and, well, I'm not going to say no to that! I'm still working hard on "liking" it and odds are good I'll be eating LOTS of veggies on Tuesday night... but that's ok. They're good for me too! Are there any healthy foods you have to work really hard to "like"?

This post is linked to Menu Plan Monday.

No comments: