Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Praying For a Girl I Don't Know


I prayed for a girl I don't even know today.

I prayed for a girl whose family turned their backs on her. Whose friends gave up on her. Whose peers thought she was trash.

I prayed for a girl who chose to give her baby life when so, so many told her that meant she was throwing hers away.

I prayed for a girl who knew that an unborn child is still a child... that a heart in utero still beats... that a baby is no less a baby just because it is tiny.

I prayed for a girl who took a leap of faith... who is braver than I have had to be... who listened to TRUTH when the lies can be oh-so-much easier...

Today, and every day, I pray for the girls and women who stand strong and carry these precious babies to term... not because they "have to", but because they choose to. Because they know that their "choice" should be His choice...

Life.

Won't you join me in praying for her today too?

No comments: