When you find yourself buying formula, you also find yourself with a boatload of these little scoops:
They rolled around my utensil drawer and seemed to multiply exponentially. Eventually, I tossed a bunch of them, but I still keep a few around. And we no longer use formula in this house.
But here's why I like them: The ones that came in our formula cans measured exactly 1 1/2 tablespoons. In addition to measuring formula, here are some other great uses for formula scoops:
- measuring baby cereal
- measuring coffee grounds
- measuring spices that tend to be used liberally, e.g. parsley
- transferring spices from bulk containers to smaller "cabinet-sized" jars
- adding streusel to the tops of muffins
- applying glitter to small spots for crafts
- measuring/scooping messy materials that you do not want to have to wash off- just measure and toss
For more great tips, visit Kitchen Tip Tuesday, hosted at Tammy's Recipes.