Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Reader Help Needed: Coping with Others' Loss

Sending out a quick request for your help, readers. You don't have to be a preemie parent to provide input on this one...

I'm putting together a series (hopefully for next week) on coping with others' losses. We experienced this several times during our lengthy NICU stay and it's a delicate issue. It's very hard to know what to say or do when this happens and, even though it may not be your child, it's still staggering.

If any of you have specific recommendations or experiences you could share to help shed light on this sensitive topic, I would much appreciate it. Feel free to leave a comment on this post or email me at:
micropreemies (at) yahoo (dot) com

Thank you!

2 comments:

Ryann said...

Very important topic and I'll be reading for suggestions. Very good friends of ours lost their 27 weeker after 4 days of life this September. It was devastating to them and very close to home for us. We didn't know what to do for them, but we were there for them. Looking forward to this series

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to this series too. I know several people who have been in a similar boat. And I never knew what to say that would be helpful.

I was born 3 months early, but my parents never talked much about that difficult time in their life.Not both are gone and I cannot ask.