Thursday, October 16, 2008

Three Things... I Wish I Could Tell People


For this week's 3 Things, I'm going out on a limb and sharing three things I wish I could tell people, but I never really have the guts to say them:

  1. I don't want to hear you compare your 36-week preemie experience and four days in the NICU to my 24-weeker who spent almost four months there. I'm sorry. It's not the same.
  2. I don't really care all that much if you're uncomfortable and swollen and impatient in your final weeks of pregnancy- I'm still so incredibly jealous of you I can barely stand it.
  3. I truly don't mind answering questions. Even weird ones like, "Did you ever think she was about to die?" I'm well past all those scary times now and I'm happy to share.
So there you go! A few of my not-so-flattering thoughts revealed to you all. Feel free to share your thoughts on the matter!

3 comments:

Ryann said...

Wow, finally a sign that you aren't perfect. Just kidding, no... I totally agree with you on these points. That's why it's so important for you to share your experiences with your micro-preemie. It's a totally different situation than having a "standard" preemie, if there is such a term. Thanks for letting us inside your brain.

Blessings From Above said...

I especially can relate to the 1st one. It drives me crazy!

Anonymous said...

Wow... just found your blog and I am in tears. I love this blog and this post! I am a mom to a former 28 weeker, followed by 2 miscarriages.