Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hasbro Playskool Busy Ball Popper


This week is a themed Works for Me Wednesday over at Rocks in My Dryer. We're talking about toys that are actually worth the cash.

For our family, the Hasbro Playskool Busy Ball Popper has been worth its weight in gold. We first purchased it in January of 2006 for our older child's first birthday. Though our children are now 2 1/2 and 3 1/2, they are still entertained by this toy. It is also the go-to toy for when younger cousins visit.

Pros?
  • Plays lots of different songs including some unique ones like "Rockin' Robin" (and it's not crazy loud).
  • Amusing for hours thanks to the constant motion of the balls.
  • Helps develop some fine motor skills and coordination as children try to capture and properly place the balls on the track.
  • Is a nice, easy introduction to cause and effect (i.e. push the red button = balls go flying)
  • Keeps toddlers scrambling and on the move as they chase escaped balls around the room.
Cons?

  • You can't turn the music off unless you turn the whole toy off.
  • Until your baby can walk, you'll be the one chasing balls around the room.
  • Some children like to shove things other than intended balls down in there. Ask me how I know. These can removed by inverting the toy and rapping it on a hard surface. Trust me.
All-in-all, this one Works for Me! I would recommend it for children between the ages of 9 months and 3 years though, as is often the case, older children seem to enjoy it too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In the midst of all this gift shopping and indulging our wonderful children, why not take a break and indulge yourself? We're giving away a Basket of Indulgence full of candles, snacks, and spa gear!

3 comments:

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

LOL. THis was my original idea for today's post. My Grace loves this toy. I have to say, we had our doubts, initially. She was given it at her 1st birthday. At the time, she freaked out by the noise of the blower. I mean TERRIFIED. She is sensitive to loud noises. Anyway, we thought she would never warm up to it. Then, one day, it happened. She pushed the button and laughed as the balls popped in the air. Now, she LOVES it!!

Jackie said...

This toy has been an absolute sanity saver for this mama. :) My little girl LOVED this. The only thing I didn't like about it is that the balls would get lost and then she (and I) would be frustrated. I know they sell replacement balls on the Hasbro site, but I never got around to ordering them. Great recommendation!

Matt Pfingsten said...

My daughter loved this one too. Agree with the previous commenter though...lost balls was a big problem. AND, if you have a dog, beware. Doggies don't understand this toy is NOT for them!