Sunday, November 16, 2008

Seven Years and Counting...



My husband and I met as college students, some eleven years ago... but today marks seven years of marriage for us.



Here are some things this marriage has brought me for which I am so very grateful...
  • A handsome, dark-haired man who still opens the door for me.
  • A delightful little girl who will perhaps choose to wear her Bama's bridal head-piece someday just like I did... that crown made me feel like a princess.
  • Our incredibly tall, undeniably loving son who was our first great achievement together.
  • An understanding of struggle that I had never known before.
  • An incredible discovery of a person I could always, always count on to catch me.
My husband has been called to take on stress and challenges beyond what anyone should have to face- when I was 6 1/2 weeks pregnant with our daughter and laying in an emergency room being told I was likely miscarrying, his father was three floors above me in the ICU. He ran between us and balanced the load and shouldered the burden of being a source of strength to me, his mother, and his two sisters.

Here's to seven amazing years... and as many more as we're blessed with.

3 comments:

FishMama said...

Sweet! Love the hand in the pocket in the kiss picture. Demonstrates a quiet confidence in you. ;)

Anonymous said...

wow! beautiful pictures! - Tiffany

Ryann said...

Happy Anniversary!