Thursday, April 1, 2010

"We're Pregnant"


No, no we're not. Or, rather, no I'm not. Because, see, despite the fact that we have three children together, my husband has never been pregnant. Not once. He never will be. He's, ahem, a man. And men do. not. get. pregnant.

I know it might seem silly. I also realize it's a petty thing to let bother me. But I just can't help it, people...

It drives me batty when couples announce, "We're pregnant!"

Yes, I am fully aware that the man was involved in the process and is, hopefully, very excited about the bundle-of-joy on the way. I'm really not trying to deny him any of the credit he so richly deserves...

But I'm thinking...

Do you think maybe all you glowing parents-to-be could perhaps change your lingo to the more accurate...

"We're going to have a baby!"

or

"We're expecting a baby!"

...at least when you're talking to me? :) That's all I ask. Oh, and by the way...

Congratulations.


(Isn't it convenient how this post ended up being on April Fool's Day? Hadn't even planned it!)

No comments: