Monday, May 31, 2010

Linguine with Bacon, Baby Spinach, and Sage

I've mentioned before that I'm married to and gave birth to bacon lovers. I happen to love fresh veggies and herbs, myself. The marriage of the two? A very good thing, indeed! I cut this recipe (well, almost this recipe... I adapted it just a touch!) off of a package of Ronzoni pasta awhile back...

Linguine with Bacon, Baby Spinach, and Sage

1 pkg linguine (or other long pasta- I ended up using Ronzoni Smart Taste thin spaghetti)
1/4lb bacon, cut in small pieces
1 onion, finely diced (I used a red onion because it's what I had.)
1 1/3 cups chicken stock
about 1/4 cup chopped fresh sage leaves
1/2 lb baby spinach leaves
salt and pepper, to taste
Parmesan cheese

Cook pasta according to package directions- you'll want to follow the "firm" or "al dente" guidelines.
.Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until slightly crispy.

Add onion and saute about five minutes until tender.

Add chicken stock and sage; simmer for a few minutes.

Add baby spinach and cook just until spinach wilts.

.Add salt and pepper. Toss pasta with sauce and serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese. (I think it's worth it to use the "good cheese" on something like this, but if you've got the green canned stuff, it will taste fine too.)


Delicioso! The whole fam loved it. This would be a great one to make the same week as Scrambled Eggs with Bacon since each recipe only uses a portion of a pound.

This post is linked to:
Tasty Tuesday

No comments: