Sunday, May 16, 2010

Menu Plan: 5/16- May's Half Over? Really?!?


I can hardly believe it's the middle of May! When we lived in Indiana, this would mean that the school year was winding down but, now that I'm back in New England, we still another month ahead of us. That's ok, though. Truth? I'm one of those mommies who thrives on the routine the school year provides. I'm really not a "let's-stay-up-late-and-sleep-in-go-with-the-flow-free-spirit" type. ;)

B-Cereal, Applesauce, Milk
L-Egg in a Hole, Juice
D-Supper at Bama & Papa's-- grilled chicken, oven fries, salad, corn on the cob (my kids are HUGE corn on the cob fans!), and an Easy Bake oven layer cake that we slaved over all afternoon... ;)

Monday:

B-Cinnamon & Sugar Toast, Yogurt, Juice
L-Grilled Cheese, Apples, Milk
D-Veggie Frittata

Tuesday:

B-Oatmeal, Grapes, Milk
L-Beans & Rice, Milk
D-Batter-Dipped Chicken Strips(same method as my batter-dipped sandwiches), Corn Bread, Baked Beans (May I just confess that I prefer the boxed Jiffy-type corn bread to my own homemade? Shameful, I know. Oh yeah... and you people who put actual CORN in your corn bread... what's up with that?? :))

Wednesday:

B-PB Toast, Applesauce, Milk
L-Corn Bread, Grapes, Cheese, Juice
D-Spaghetti & Stuffed Breadsticks

Thursday:

B-Oatmeal, Yogurt, Juice
L-Breadsticks, Apples, Milk
D-Chicken Marsala, Broccoli, Angelhair


Friday:

B-Scrambled Eggs in Corn Tortilla, Milk
L-Angelhair, Broccoli, Cheese, Water

Saturday:

B-Pancakes
L-Cream of Tomato Gorgonzola Soup, Garlic Bread


I'm looking most forward to that Cream of Tomato Gorgonzola Soup! I've never tried it, but, really, what's not to like? (I'm guessing hubby won't even try it... but we'll see!)

This post is linked to Menu Plan Monday.

No comments: