Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Using Small Plates


Whenever I post photos of food on here, I think the plate looks abundantly full. That's how it always looks set in front of me too.

It's because I use small plates.

Yep, that's right. The "dinner plates"? Those only get dragged out for company or for prep. We use the smaller "salad plates" for our meals.
I truly believe that part of feeling satisfied is visual... if my plate is full, then I feel full.
Don't think this only applies to me, either... that plate of shrimp rotini was my husband's. He seems happier with a plate brimming with food but, quite frankly, just because he's a man doesn't mean he needs some ginormous amount of food.

Bonus? I can fit more of the small plates in the dishwasher.

And when it comes time for dessert? Well, I serve that up on saucers.
It's all relative, my friends.

What tricks do you use to make your food stretch further?

This post is linked to Works For Me Wednesday.

No comments: