Friday, May 21, 2010

Menu Plan Monday: 5/23/10- Making It Easy On Myself


When I find myself feeling tired and worn down-- like this week after losing many precious hours of sleep up with a sick baby last week-- I don't necessarily reach for the easiest recipes to make... I reach for the recipes that are consistently and universally well-received. I have no problem whatsoever with insisting my children eat what I serve... but when I'm exhausted? I just don't feel like fighting those battles. As a result, this week's plan is heavy on the corn, apples, and cheese...

B-Cereal, Yogurt, Juice
L-Scrambled Eggs w/Bacon, Apple Slices
D-Supper at Bama & Papa's

Monday:

B-Banana Muffins, Applesauce, Milk
L-Cheese Pizza, Water
D-Ground Turkey Mexican Rice Bake

Tuesday:

B-Pancakes, Grapes, Milk
L-Mexican Rice, Milk
D-Pigs in Blankets, Oven Fries, Corn

Wednesday:

B-Banana Muffins, Blueberry Smoothies
L-PB&J, Pretzels, Corn, Milk



Thursday:

B-Cereal, Yogurt, Juice
L-Peanut Noodles, Apples, Milk
D-Mushroom Swiss Burgers, Spinach & Cheese Potatoes


Friday:

B-Oatmeal, Apples, Milk
L-Egg Sandwiches, Yogurt, Juice
D-Ham & Orange Pepper Pizza (the green peppers at my store looked lousy!)

Saturday:

B-Ham & Cheese Crepes (link will take you to Seafood Crepes- I just substitute diced ham)
L-Leftovers
D-Chicken & Bean Soft Tacos

I'm really looking forward to those crepes! What's the yummiest looking thing on your menu this week?

This post is linked to Menu Plan Monday.

No comments: