Thursday, October 29, 2009

Her Pink Cloud

Truth? This is more of a "Thing SHE Loves Thursday" post than Thing I Love... but, you know, what makes her happy makes me happy and all that jazz.

When G. received this blanket as a present from her Grandma back in June (when it was close to 90 degrees), I thought, "Seriously?" (I know, I know-- totally ungracious of me. My excuse is that I was recovering from surgery and cranky.)

But when we saw SNOW in mid-October a couple weeks ago, I found myself reaching for it. It's rarely left her side since.

She loves this blankie. And why wouldn't she? It's cloud-soft and fluffy on one side and slippery satin smooth on the other. And it's oh-so-pretty pink.

She likes to drool on it...


... and smile in it...

... and show off big eyes and a little double chin on it...

... and grab it ("Don't you DARE take this blankie, Mama!")...

... and snuggle in it while her un-prepared Mommy finds a fleecy outfit...

... "Peekaboo!"...

... and, of course, take a little nap in it...

Sleep well in your pink cloud, sweet angel baby.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This post is linked to Things I Love Thursday hosted at The Diaper Diaries.
Also linked up to Finer Things Friday at The Finer Things in Life!

3 comments:

Olivia said...

That smile is adorable!

Unknown said...

What an adorable smile.
Geri

Amy @ Finer Things said...

You're killin' me. I can feel her snuggling in my arms with that soft blanket. Oh, the bliss!