Monday, October 5, 2009

Respect Life


Did you know that yesterday was Respect Life Sunday?

As unapologetically pro-life as I am, you know that has special meaning to me.

If, like me, you agree that all life is precious, from the moment of conception, please join me in praying...

Prayer to End Abortion

Lord God, I thank you today for the gift of my life,
And for the lives of all my brothers and sisters.
I know there is nothing that destroys more life than abortion,
Yet I rejoice that you have conquered death
by the Resurrection of Your Son.
I am ready to do my part in ending abortion.
Today I commit myself
Never to be silent,
Never to be passive,
Never to be forgetful of the unborn.
I commit myself to be active in the pro-life movement,
And never to stop defending life
Until all my brothers and sisters are protected,
And our nation once again becomes
A nation with liberty and justice
Not just for some, but for all,
Through Christ our Lord. Amen!

**********************************************************
Have faith. Be strong. Don't give in to the kind of shoulders-shrugged "Oh, well, what can we do?" attitude that pervades our society... even those who claim "they" would never do it. I firmly we believe we have God on our side. Having Him for an ally is a great place to start.

No comments: