Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Bottled Water?

(Um, yeah, tip your head to the left if you don't mind... "rotate didn't want to work today!)

I've extolled the virtues of tap water in the past.

But you know what? Cold, bottled water just tastes so... good.

Enter the empty milk jug, now serving the new role of water jug.

Cold, easy to pour water. Oh yeah! And free...free is good too.

It's simple, but it works for me!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This post is linked to Works For Me Wednesday at We Are THAT Family.
Linked up to Frugal Friday, hosted at Life as MOM.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I blogged about tap water in my WFMW post this week, too, but I said just about the exact opposite of what you wrote. I hope you won't hold that against me!

Lenetta said...

OK, I giggled at your picture caption - as I tilted! :>)

We don't have a municipal water supply in our little town, so we have our own well. Our water comes straight out of the ground and is delicious! I go in spurts, though, thinking I ought to get it tested and make sure there isn't anything harmful for the little one in there. One of these days I'll quit procrastinating . . .

'Becca said...

I love refrigerated water, too! Especially in the summer. I also like to make tap water tastier (and add a little Vitamin C) with a slosh of lemon juice from a bottle I keep in the fridge door.

I'm wondering about your milk jug, though: How do you get it clean enough? It's impossible to scrub the whole inside, and a tiny bit of leftover milk can grow some nasty bacteria! I keep my refrigerated water in a pitcher.

~M said...

Having a full fridge also makes it easier for your fridge to stay cold (and not use as much energy to do so...which translates to money saved!). I don't like cold water normally, so I keep a glass pitcher with a lid on the counter, but I refill old juice containers with water just to help keep the fridge cool!