Thursday, October 1, 2009

Home, Beautiful Home


I’ve lived a lot of places in my life… I started my journey just outside of Chicago and have been East, South, Mid-Atlantic, and Midwest in the years between then and now. I will not be the least bit surprised if I end up even further west at some point in my future. I have what some call “itchy feet” and I’m never afraid to move.

For now, I’ve landed back in Connecticut, where I spent years 10-18 of my life. It is wonderful to be near my family and to expose my children to “my” New England since they spent their first years in “Daddy’s” Midwest.

As we breezed through the summer with no need of central air, I was reminded of why I like Connecticut summers…

But even more than Connecticut summers? I love our autumns. Just looking out my front or back windows brings joy to my heart. I’ve found nothing to compare to the New England foliage. Having such a stunning view of the beauty God has given our world? Well, that’s a Finer Thing to be sure…

What “finer things” do you love about where you live? Let me know in the comments and be sure to stop by Finer Things Friday hosted by Amy.

2 comments:

Amy @ Finer Things said...

So glad you're HOME. :)

Anonymous said...

I live in SE CT and it is beautiful here, but I sure do miss the mountains of WA...
Miranda