I love these muffins for a quick snack! I had some "deal" strawberries on their way out and this was a perfect use for them:
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cups unbleached flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup (or so... I just chop a generous handful and aim for between 1 and 1 1/3 cups) chopped strawberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) oil an 8 cup muffin tin, or use paper liners.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, milk, egg, and vanilla. Beat lightly. In a large bowl, mix flours, salt, baking powder and sugars. Toss in chopped strawberries and stir to coat with flour. Pour in milk mixture and stir together. Don't overmix.
- Fill muffin cups. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 25 minutes (10 minutes if using mini muffin tins), or until the tops bounce back from the touch. Cool 10 minutes and remove from pans.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~This post is linked to Cupcake Tuesday over at Hoosier Homemade and Ultimate Recipe Swap at Life as MOM!