Monday, August 23, 2010

10 Ways to Serve Up Cheese Bread


It all started with Tammy's recipe for Italian Cheese Bread. It is SO good. I encourage you to just make it as is and eat it until you're stuffed. I have made that recipe more times than I can count and it is always well-received.

I've been making it for over two years now and, perhaps a year ago, it finally occurred to me that, really, what I had learned was a method. I gave myself permission to go wild with different dressings, cheeses, herbs, etc. and a whole new world opened up! After you've made (and fallen in love with) Tammy's recipe, come on back to me and try one of these ten variations*:

  1. Honey Mustard & Kosher Salt, dipped in a cheese sauce
  2. Butter, Rosemary, & a little Blue Cheese
  3. Ranch dressing, Cheddar Cheese, & Bacon Bits
  4. Thin Layer of Taco Sauce, Cheddar Cheese, & very thinly sliced Tomatoes
  5. Ranch Dressing & PepperJack Cheese (the ranch cools the pepperjack!)
  6. Parmesan Peppercorn Dressing, Tarragon, Mozzarella, & Freshly Grated Parmesan
  7. Caesar Dressing, Jack Cheese, & Thinly Sliced Olives
  8. French Dressing, Dill, Swiss Cheese, Skinny Strips of Deli Ham
  9. Italian Dressing, Smoked Gouda, Roasted Red Pepper strips
  10. Olive Oil, Roasted Garlic, Fresh Basil, Fresh Mozzarella
*Prepare the dough exactly as Tammy's recipe indicates. Stop before adding the dressing and herbs and top with one of the above combos... yum!

(I have had great success with halving Tammy's recipe and preparing a smaller bread in a 9" round cake pan. I do this all the time to have fresh bread with soup for lunch!)


This post is linked to:

No comments: