Monday, August 9, 2010

Menu Plan: 8/8- The "Try Salmon" Plan




We have food again! After last week's desperation plan, it feels good to have a well-stocked fridge and pantry. The toughest part of last week was when I ran out of butter, oil, AND milk. I was beginning to feel a little trapped and, well, desperate. Still, we all survived and, quite frankly, still ate very well. It's a good reminder, every now and again, about just how blessed we are. We live in abundance and being without milk or butter is really not a tragedy. Too often, I think we rush out to fill any missing "necessities" without considering just how lucky we are to usually have them...

Blessed I am, though, and the cupboards are full. So here we go...


Sunday:

B-Cereal, Yogurt, Juice
L-French Toast, Berries, & Bananas
D-Sunday Supper at Bama & Papa's house- I took the Raspberry Sherbet Pie or dessert!

Monday:

B-Oatmeal, Raisins, Milk
L-P, B, & J on rolls, Grapes, Water
D-Taco Pie (recipe coming tomorrow!)

Tuesday:

B-French Toast, Fruit, Cheese, Water
L-Taco PIe, Corn, Milk
D-Salmon, Fingerling Potatoes, Green Beans (Guess what? I don't like salmon. Neither does my hubby. But on that list of "10 Superfoods for Kids", it is the ONLY thing my children do not currently eat regularly. Do they like it? I don't know. Shamefully, I've never served it to them. This is the week...)

Wednesday:

B-Jelly Toast, Yogurt, Juice
L-Salmon Salad Sandwiches, Apples, Milk

Thursday:

B-Oatmeal, Yogurt, Juice
L-Scrambled Egg, Cinnamon/Sugar Toast, Applesauce, Milk
D-Poor Man's Chicken Parmesan, Pasta, Green Beans


Friday:

B-Smoothies, Fruit
L-Pasta with Sauce, Green Beans, Milk
D-Pepperoni & Meatball Pizza

Saturday:

B-Egg Sandwiches with Veggies (pssst... guess what? I prefer veggies to fruit BIG time. I absolutely love having broccoli, onion, peppers, spinach and the like with my eggs!)
L-Leftovers
D-Flank Steak with Red Wine Mushroom Sauce, Salad

Do you like salmon? What's your favorite way to prepare it? I'd love to learn to like it! It's SO good for you...

This post is linked to Menu Plan Monday.

2 comments:

Amy Lynne said...

My hubby and I don't eat salmon (or any fish really) either, but we got some to try for our oldest son's birthday. Hubby and I really wanted to like it, but didn't. The big kid however loved it and has even asked for it again a couple of times since then. I'm glad we're not the only ones making dinners we're not so sure about for the goodness of our kids. Good for you!!

Barb N said...

I am a very picky eater, but I started eating salmon about 5-6 years ago (after I turned 30) and now it is one of my favorite meals. I make it occasionally for my kiddos, too, but the younger ones (5 and 3) haven't acquired a taste for it yet. Good for you for trying it! All 4 of my kids love salmon burgers though! I'm looking forward to hearing about how it goes for you this week.