Sunday, August 22, 2010

Menu Plan: 8/22- The Last Week of Summer Break Plan


Sigh... all my lovely plans last week for our leisurely Thursday breakfasts went up in smoke. Turns out my husband has meetings every Thursday morning. Bummer! Still, I make my menu plans for four weeks at a time so, as a result, this week's Thursday morning calls for one of Daddy's favorite morning meals. I may just have to get up extra, extra early to make it for him!

Sunday:

B-Cereal, Yogurt, Juice
L-Scrambled Eggs w/ Bacon, Toast, Leftover Cinnamon Rolls (Given the choice of whole wheat toast or cinnamon roll, which would you choose? For my family, I made ONE piece of toast... ;))
D-Burgers, Sliced Tomatoes (from the garden!), Corn on the Cob, Chips

Monday:

B-Banana Bread, Cheese, Juice
L-Rice, Hot Dog, Strawberries, Milk
D-Meatball, Bell Pepper, & Onion Grinders

Tuesday:

B-Cereal, Applesauce, Milk
L-Zucchini Pizza Slices (thanks, Jessie, for pointing these out on Twitter!), Yogurt, Juice
D-Lynn's Chicken & Bacon Lo Mein

Wednesday:

B-Toasted Banana Bread w/ PB, Milk
L-Lo Mein, Tangerines, Milk
D-Beef Soft Tacos


Thursday:

B-English Muffins w/ Poached Eggs, Clementines (I scored 3.5 # of mixed clementines and tangerines for $1.50 recently... nice!)
L-Cheese Quesadilla, Applesauce, Milk
D-Souped-Up Tomato Soup, Cheese Bread (I've shared 10 ways to soup up tomato soup with you before... tomorrow I'll share ten different twists when baking your cheese bread!)


Friday:

B-Smoothies, Fruit
L-Cheese Bread, Grapes, Milk
D-Extra, Extra Cheese Pizza on a Cracker Crust

Saturday:

B-Banana Bread, Scrambled Eggs w/ Cheese
L-Leftovers
D-Turkey Burgers w/ Cheddar and Sliced Apple on Pitas (I really prefer Granny Smith apples for this meal, but I think the ones I have are organic Fiji... they'll have to do!)

Lynn's Mexican Chicken Salad was a hit last week! The kids liked it wrapped up in tortillas. Me? I like any excuse to make chips a major part of my meal. ;) Because I had chopped cooked chicken breast in my freezer, I didn't have to heat a single thing up in my kitchen and we still had a yummy, filling meal that covered all the food groups. In case you missed it, I shared how I make my own homemade Ranch-Style Beans last week... they came in handy with Lynn's recipe!

This post is linked to Menu Plan Monday.

No comments: