Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I Lost My Cell Phone


I lost my cell phone.

Well, actually, I've tracked it down now. It's about an hour and fifteen minutes away from me in West Hartford.

*Sigh.*

I was in West Hartford at 3 p.m. on Sunday. I just noticed it was gone.

This fact shocked the woman who answered my cell when I called it. "What did you do without your phone for a day and a half???"

(Played with my kids, shopped with my hubby, prayed, cooked, baked, talked to my mom on the- gasp- land line...)

It appalled my neighbor, "What if something had HAPPENED at school and they had tried to reach you???"

(I imagine they would have called that antiquated land line, but- not surprisingly- they didn't need to reach me. Ninety-nine percent of days, they do not.)

I really didn't miss it. Fact is, I don't text, I don't tweet from my phone, I don't take pictures on it, and, well, it's just not that important to me...

And you know what?

While I have no idea how- or when- I'm going to get my phone back...

I feel pretty good about the fact that it's not bothering me all that much.

No comments: