Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sick Of It


This is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
-Psalm 118:24


I'm not preaching to you all. I'm just reminding myself.

Because I'm sick of the snow. Sick of the ice. Sick of making children teary-eyed when they learn they can't see their friends at school. Sick of the drip, drip, drip as the water leaks into my house from all the thick frozen build-up on the roof.

"This is an impressive storm!"

"... another Nor'Easter on Tuesday!"

"Record breaking totals across the state!"

I hear the chipper meteorologists, so excited because they are clearly the main feature of the news shows as of late, and I sigh.

Deeply.

Audibly.

And it's easy for me to find an audience. Those around me are sick of it too.

But then the weak winter sunlight glints of the icicles hanging from my eaves... and in that bright, glorious explosion of light I am reminded that this is a day I've been given... a gift! A gift that our amazing Lord has made.

And I will rejoice and be glad.

1 comment: