Tuesday, January 11, 2011

So I Stepped In Cat Vomit...


And that's how my day started.

I stepped in cat vomit.

Then my one-year old spilled an entire jar of glitter around the kitchen.

I discovered that we somehow owed library fines.

I cut the base of my thumb knuckle with my chef's knife... and bled into the spinach I was rough-chopping, rendering it useless for our supper.

My five-year old had an accident. And not just a wet one. (Ewww....)

And, yet, as I type this at NOT YET NOON, I can say it hasn't been a bad day.

Really, JessieLeigh?
Really.

I'm not entirely sure why, but I think it might have something to do with how I really started my day... back before I stepped out of my cozy bed and smack into cat vomit...

With a steaming cup of coffee in my hand, delivered to me in bed by my husband (yes, indeed, he is a keeper- thanks for noticing), I read these words:

Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint. --Isaiah 40:31

We cannot always choose the circumstances of our days, but we most certainly can choose how we respond. There was not one single thing that happened this morning that was a big deal. Truth be told, each situation was resolved in less than five minutes- hardly worthy of being deemed a catastrophe.

How lovely is it that all we really need to do it keep on walking and trust?

May we all recognize that today's stumbling blocks are just part of the adventure...

And keep on walking.

Linked to WFMW

No comments: