Monday, January 17, 2011

Menu Plan: 1/16-Five, Five, Five


I am SO. DARN. EXCITED, my friends! Pay special attention to this week's Monday through Friday suppers... oh, and Saturday's lunch. Do you see all that yumminess? Well, NEXT week, I'm going to walk you through prepping and preparing those five dinners (and a bonus lunch) using five chicken breasts. That's right, I'm feeding FIVE people for FIVE nights on FIVE chicken breasts. So many people have asked me how I keep my grocery budget low and one of my favorite methods for doing so (AND pleasing those with a Y chromosome!) is to stretch meat. It's going to be fun and I sure hope you'll come along for the ride!

Sunday:

B-Cereal, Applesauce, Milk
L-Egg "McMuffin" Sandwiches w/ cheese & bacon, Juice
D-Sunday Supper at Bama & Papa's (Seafood Crepes- delish!)

Monday:

B-Peanut Butter Chip Oatmeal, Milk
L-Grilled Cheese w/ Jelly, Pretzels, Water
D-Creamy Chicken Marsala w/ Noodles

Tuesday:

B-PB English Muffins, Yogurt, Juice
L-Buttered Noodles, Apples, Milk
D-Asian Chicken Stir-Fry w/ mixed veggies

Wednesday:

B-Blueberry Muffins, Eggs, Milk
L-Rice, Cheese, Juice (Does this meal sound lame? Perhaps, but my kiddos love it!)
D-Batter-Dipped Chicken Sandwiches, Corn

Thursday:

B-Blueberry Muffins, Cheese, Juice
L-PB&J on buns, Apples, Milk
D-Mexican Chicken Frittata

Friday:

B-Smoothies, Toast
L-Cheesy Beans & Rice, Water
D-Chicken, Broccoli, & Garlic White Pizza (LOVE white pizza!!)

Saturday:

B-French Toast, Apples, Hot Cocoa
L-Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup, Fruit

We don't normally eat chicken that many nights in a row but, to be honest, there are so many different styles of food going on, I don't think any of us will be a bit bothered by it!

This post is linked to Menu Plan Menu.

No comments: