Monday, January 24, 2011

Menu Plan: 1/23- Six and Salmon


So, all this week, you'll get read my recipes from LAST WEEK... a whole slew of chicken dishes prepared from five bone-in chicken breasts. One of my very favorite tips for keeping the grocery budget down (and, quite frankly, adhering more closely to "serving size" guidelines) is to really stretch meat. I simply don't put whole chunks of meat on a plate. With the exception of a great steak, it's not my favorite way to see meat served, to be honest. Anyway, those recipes will be popping up all week long, but the truth of it is that we ate all that last week.

Here's what's hittin' our table this week:

Sunday:

B-Cereal, Applesauce, Milk
L-Pepperoni Macaroni, Sliced Tomatoes (I almost ALWAYS serve up brunch after our 8:30 am church each Sunday but I arrived home with starving troops... our dinner plan cooked up faster than our lunch plan, so there you go!)
D-Eggs in a Nest, Strawberries, Oranges

Monday:

B-Maple Raisin Oatmeal, Milk
L-P,B,&J, Apples, Water
D-Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti, Carrots & Peas

Tuesday:

B-Yogurt Coffee Cake Muffins, Grapes, Milk
L-Red Beans & Rice, Juice (This recipe comes to me from Tara and I cannot wait to try it! My hubby won't touch beans, though, so it's showing up in our lunch rotation rather than dinner.)
D-Hot & Sour Peanut Noodles w/ Mushrooms and Peanuts

Wednesday:

L-Peanut Noodles, Grapes, Water
D-Pizza Omelets, Toast

Thursday: (My oldest turns SIX!!!! All meals are at his request...)

B-Rice Krispies, Apples, Juice
L-PB & Cheese Sandwiches, Jello, Milk (Yes, indeed. Peanut butter and cheese. I have no idea...)
D-Creamy Dill Salmon, French Fries, Broccoli

Friday:

B-Smoothies, Fruit
L-Cheesy Beans & Rice, Water
D-Sausage & Mushroom Pizza (Hubby's pick- and the same combo I made when his mother stayed with us and she declared it the only pizza she ate more than one piece of!)

Saturday:

B-Sausage, Egg, & Cheese Biscuit Sandwiches, Fruit
L-Vegetable Soup (CANNED, people... I know, I know, but I'm taking it easy in preparation for a birthday party tomorrow jam-packed with kindergarteners!), Cheese Bread

And that's that! While I STILL don't care for salmon, I'm utterly delighted that it was my son's choice for his birthday supper. Truth be told, he initially requested salmon sandwiches for lunch too... but Mama vetoed it. ;)

What's your favorite thing you're serving up this week?

This post is linked to Menu Plan Menu.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Since you say that you do everything I say ;) head over to my blog and accept the versatile blogger award that I just awarded you with, haha.

Elizabeth said...

Hi JessieLeigh, I have enjoyed reading your blog for the past several weeks. I recently switched to using Google Chrome as my browser and I was dismayed to find that your blog content does not show up in my new browser. I can read your posts via Google Reader, but when I click over to them in my Chrome browser, the only content I see is your header and sidebars. No posts, either on the main page or individual post pages, will show for me. I have not had trouble with other Blogger blogs in Chrome, so I wanted to give you the heads up in case this is a problem you might be able to fix. I'm still enjoying your blog just fine via Google Reader, but I wouldn't want new readers to run into the same problem if they are using Chrome. Hope you're having a great day. :) Blessings, Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

I use Chrome and can see it just fine. The header and sidebars load first but the content shows up within a few seconds.

Elizabeth said...

Then it must be a problem on my end! I'm glad it's not a Chrome malfunction, just something weird with my computer.