Monday, June 21, 2010

Menu Plan: 6/20- Happy Birthday...er, Father's Day!


Yesterday was Father's Day... with both my father and the father of my children there. Fun! It also happened to be MY birthday. Lots of celebrating happening in the Parenting Miracles house! (Random bit of trivia about yours truly... I was actually BORN on Father's Day too. That happens about every six years. The last time it happened, my husband was not yet a father. We now have three kids. :))

B-Cereal, Applesauce, Milk
L-Chocolate Chip Pancakes w/ Whipped Cream & Strawberries (Did I mention that it's my birthday???)
D-Sunday Supper at Bama & Papa's house - Kebabs on the grill... yum! And those of you in Twitterville with me? Remember when I looked for dessert suggestions? I decided on Death By Chocolate with Peppermint Patties.

Monday:

B-Smoothies, Toast
L-Grilled Cheese, Applesauce, Milk
D-Hot & Sour Peanut Rice w/ Chicken & Broccoli (this is a variation of my Hot & Sour Peanut Noodle recipe... let me know if you'd like details!)

Tuesday:

B-Oatmeal, Yogurt, Juice
L-Peanut Rice, Applesauce, Milk
D-Spaghetti w/ Meatballs, Green Beans

Wednesday:

B-Cinnamon Sugar Toast, Apples, Milk
L-Noodles, Green Beans, Yogurt, Juice
D-Beans & Franks, Tater Tots

Thursday:

B-Cereal, Yogurt, Juice
L-Hot Dogs on Bread, Apple Slices, Water
D-Whole Wheat Penne w/ Homemade Queso Sauce (waayyyy better than "Mac 'n Cheese" in my opinion!)


Friday:

B-PB Toast, Apples, Milk
L-Rice & Beans, Juice
D-Pepperoni & Mushroom Pizza

Saturday:

B-Bacon, Egg, & Cheese Bagel Sandwiches
L-En route to Massachusetts... we plan to try to time it so we can go out to lunch at the restaurant we got take-out from the night we got engaged. Aw! ;)
D-*We'll be out of town visiting dear friends in Massachusetts... G's godparents!*

I realized that, since we'll be out of town all weekend, I won't be able to do my usual "every 4 week" Aldi trip. As a result, next week's menu plan will be strictly "eating out of the pantry". Since my pantry is not exactly stuffed right now, it could get interesting. Be sure to come back to see what I come up with!

This post is linked to Menu Plan Monday.

No comments: