Friday, June 18, 2010

Submit


It's not a dirty word.

I know it isn't.

But that wasn't always the case...

I can remember, as a teenager and very young woman, squirming in my seat when "that" reading would come up at church...

I know better now. And I'm working on it. I still have a long ways to go, but I'm working on it.

Sometimes it's hard for me. Mostly, I think I just forget sometimes. I live in a world where husband-bashing and feminism reign supreme and, while neither is something I want a part of, I forget the beauty and peace of, well, submitting. Is it hard sometimes? Of course. Most things worth doing are hard. But can I tell you a secret? As hard as it is for me to submit, I think it is that much harder for my husband.

Along with my submission comes great responsibility for him.

I'm not honestly sure that either one of us is ready for a full-on submissive role on my part. That's where we're at. But, really? It is a beautiful thing to be able to let my husband be the head of the household. It does not mean that he gets to make all kinds of selfish decisions that I must go along with... far from it.

It means that he must find a way to do what's best for our family, at all times.

Sometimes I forget.

And then, there I'll be, filling out forms to receive freebies, giving feedback on a poll, leaving comments on blogs... and I just keep clicking the same word over and over again...

Submit... Submit... Submit...

I'm so willing to submit all day long... surely I can give my husband the same honor.