Tuesday, February 1, 2011

"A Day In The Life Of..." JessieLeigh



My friend Rebekah had an awesome idea...

What if we were to capture a photograph of every hour of our day? "A Day In The Life Of..." was born. I was fascinated with the project. I was particularly thrilled that she was presenting a photography challenge that in no way required photographer skills. This was good news for me.

I begged her to nag me- to REMIND me- because, otherwise, I knew I'd forget. I am most certainly not one to walk around with a camera around me neck.

So she did! And here you'll find the results. I believe you will, indeed, learn something about me from this exercise...

It started out well enough. I woke just before six.



5:45 a.m. found me pouring creamer for my husband's coffee, so it would be ready for him...

At 6:45, with a couple cups of coffee down and a couple hours of cleaning under my belt, a quick Twitter check was in order...

At 7:45, I arranged baseball cupcakes on a plate for my son's party that was starting at noon...

By 8:45, I had moved on to arranging the craft stations...

Finally caving, I was letting my kids watch PBS by 9:45 (*blush*)...

At 10:45, the pennant banner was strung...


At 11:45, I found a certain little someone munching dried mango... with her skirt around her ankles. Our one and a half year old totally thinks she's ready to potty-train, so this is a common occurence...

I scurried to help with that situation and remembered to put a touch of lipstick on before the party started fifteen minutes later.

And then?

...

Then?

...

That's all, folks. This is what you've learned about me.

I hate taking pictures.

I forget to take pictures.

Even worse? I married someone just exactly like me in that department.

It's pathetic, really. If I told all the exotic places we've travelled to without a single shot to show for it, it might appall you. So I won't. Just suffice it to say that we are bad, bad, bad at remembering to take photos.

And so, alas, "A Day in MY Life" ends just shy of noon. Sorry, Rebekah.

No comments: