Monday, February 28, 2011

Menu Plan: 2/27- Chinese Takeout While They Sleep


I missed posting my menu plan last week! Rest-assured, we ate- and quite well! Fajitas, chicken cordon bleu sandwiches, and shrimp quesadillas made appearances for supper and made for some happy tummies. Last Sunday, we impulsively asked the kids what they would choose if they could have anything for supper. The consensus? Cheese pizza and lemonade. I whipped those things up lickety- split and then my husband and I enjoyed a late supper of Chinese takeout once they were in bed. Our kids will happily eat Chinese food, but they were even more excited about the pizza. And, since it was just the two of us, we could choose any old weird things we wanted. Plus, it didn't cost much to feed just a pair!

On to this week! Here's what's hittin' the table:

Sunday:

B-Cereal, Applesauce, Milk
L-Pancakes, Bacon, Oranges
D-My nephew's birthday party! We had burgers and such... cook-out sort of foods. Can I just tell you how yummy that tasted after the winter we've been having?

Monday (Happy Valentine's Day!):

B-Blueberry Muffin Oatmeal, Milk (This oatmeal rocks, by the way, and is SO much healthier than the "packet" version...)
L-P,B,&J, String Cheese, Oranges, Water
D-Amy's Taco Grande (this is very similar to my Taco Pie recipe, but looks quicker, so I'm giving it a try!)

Tuesday:

B-Pumpkin Cinnamon Streusel Muffins, Hard-Boiled Egg, Juice
L-Chick Peas & Ham, Milk
D-Buffalo Chicken Chili w/ Blue Cheese Tortilla Chips


Wednesday:

B-Pumpkin Cinnamon Streusel Muffins, Hard-Boiled Egg, Juice
L-Chili, Chips, Carrots, Milk
D- Sloppy Joes, Corn Chips, Corn

Thursday:

B-PB Toast, Apples, Milk
L-Black Bean and Veggie Nachos, Water
D-Veggie Soup & Grilled Cheese

Friday:

L-Cheesy Beans & Rice, Water
D-Extra Cheesy Pizza (I'm trying out Jessica's sauce recipe this week!)

Saturday:

B-Apple Muffins, Hard-Boiled Eggs (Have you made my apple muffins yet? They're kind of life-changing...)
L-Taco Soup, Chips (after our big Aldi run!)
D-Laura's Mac & Cheese w/ Ham & Mushrooms

Yum, yum! And I'm so excited because I already have the whole next month's worth of menus planned AND I even have some of the shopping for it done. Feels good to be organized! Tell me...

How do you like to menu plan?

This post is linked to Menu Plan Menu.

No comments: