Let me make this very clear and simple:
I love to cook and bake. I do NOT love to clean.
But here are a couple little things I've found that make it easier for me to at least keep it together:
- Don't sort the laundry. Unless something is brand new, I don't worry about colors bleeding. I just wash it all in cold.
- Or DO sort laundry, but in a way that makes life easier for you. I wash the kids' clothes together in one load and my husband's and my things in another. This makes the sorting and putting away easier for me.
- When you need to wash your hands, wash a dish. Any time I need to wash my hands while cooking, I wash something. Two birds, one stone, people.
- Keep the vacuum out. Is this tacky? Probably, but it works for me. Unless I'm having company over, I leave the vacuum tucked in a handy corner, already plugged in.
- Bake yummy things... you'd be amazed how much dust people will overlook if the whole place smells like brownies...
Are you a reluctant housekeeper? What's your favorite quick tip?