Thursday, February 10, 2011

Peppermint Mocha Icing


I'm rich in ideas and short on time today!

I thought I would leave you all with a quick recipe for a delicious simple icing that's super fast to make and easy to customize. (It is NOT, however, made of all pure, whole foods. Just so you know. I, for one, do not believe icing counts as health food no matter how you make it, so I'm just gonna go with it... ;))

Ingredients:
  • 3 T powdered creamer, any flavor you'd like (I used peppermint mocha.)
  • 1 scant T hot water
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
Dissolve creamer in hot water until you get a milky, smooth liquid. (You could probably just use liquid creamer too, but I think you get more concentrated flavor with the powder.) Add in powdered sugar and mix until smooth. Voila.

Part of the beauty of this (beyond the utter simplicity) is that, no matter what flavor you make, your icing will still be white. This gives you freedom to leave it alone or color it however you see fit.

p.s. I inadvertently posted this photo under my "Day in the Life..." post as pouring creamer for hubby's coffee. I later realized that this is, in fact, the icing I made NOT his coffee cup. My bad. I really did pour his creamer for him though- I'm nice like that. ;)

No comments: