Sunday, February 13, 2011

Menu Plan: 2/13- Valentine's Day and More


Happy Valentine's Day! I absolutely, unequivocally, without a doubt adore Valentine's Day. I love it more than just about any other holiday except perhaps Christmas! Go ahead and roll your eyes. Tell me it's a big marketing scam. Don't care. I love it! So it should come as no surprise that this is the class holiday party I volunteer to organize every year. I will be happily making little jelly sandwich hearts for everyone just like always. Really, this is bound to be a happy week for me!

Sunday:

B-Cereal, Applesauce, Milk
L-Amy's Breakfast Burritos (Little G. ate about a cup of this filling!)
D-Swiss Cheese and Caramelized Onion Paninis, Orange Slices (These were on last week's menu, but we missed that lunch since we were at the zoo!)

Monday (Happy Valentine's Day!):

B-Oatmeal w/ a Strawberry Jelly Heart on top!, Milk
L-P,B,&J, Oranges, Milk
D-Seafood Crepes (A definite fave of my sweetheart!)

Tuesday:

B-Lynn's Baked Banana Oatmeal, Yogurt, Juice
L-Rice & Lentils, Oranges, Milk
D-PW's Pasta w/ Tomato Blue Cheese Sauce, Broccoli


Wednesday:

B-Baked Banana Oatmeal, Scr. Eggs, Milk
L-Pasta w/ Butter & Parm, Apples, Water


Thursday:

B-PB Toast, Apples, Milk
L-Cheese Quesadillas, Berries, Water

Friday:

B-Smoothies, Toast
L-Cheesy Beans & Rice, Water
D-Ham & Mushroom Pizza (This was one of the only combos hubby and I could agree on when we were dating back in college. ;))

Saturday:

B-Scrambled Eggs w/ Bacon, Toast
L-Leftovers
D-Black Bean Tostadas

Can't wait!! Hubby won't touch that tomato blue cheese sauce with a ten foot pole but, happily, he's content to eat pasta with butter, salt, and pepper, so we'll be just fine. This will be my first time making Lynn's Baked Banana Oatmeal but I see no reason it won't be a hit around here!

So tell me. Valentine's Day... love it or hate it?

This post is linked to Menu Plan Menu.

No comments: