Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Easter Ham Glaze That Beats The Packet


(Originally published 3/31/09)


I published my Easter Ham Glaze recipe over two years ago and, right around this time of year, it always gets a whole lot of search engine activity. It's a tasty one- really. I promise. If you don't already have a glaze recipe you love, I hope you'll consider giving it a try!

(I know many of you don't keep rum around regularly... try to look at it the way you would vanilla extract here. Yes, it's an alcohol base, but the alcohol is getting cooked out, leaving behind super delicious flavor. I encourage you to try it.)

Easter Ham Glaze

1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup orange flavored rum (like Bacardi O)-- you could use all orange juice instead, but the flavor won't be the same. If you know you won't use it for anything else, you can also look for one of those "shot size" little bottles in the front of the liquor store and just use that.

Mix all ingredients in a saucepan over low heat. Use to glaze ham during the final 30 minutes of baking.

linked to:
Tasty Tuesday
Tempt My Tummy Tuesday

URS: Easter

No comments: