Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Lent '11: Letting Go of Judgment, Final Challenge (#7)


My friends, Lent is coming to a close. This journey toward letting go of judgment has been simply lovely for me. Whether you've followed along the whole time or just popped in once or twice, I am happy to have had you along for the ride.

I cannot imagine that I would feel happier or stronger for having given up, say, chocolate. Working on being less judgmental is a heart change and attitude shift that benefits everyone.

And now, without further ado, here's our Week 7, and Final, Challenge:

Give yourself some grace. Make the best choices you can for your family and own them. An important part of this journey has been learning and opening your mind. In the end, though, you still get to decide what's best for you and you should be able to do so without beating yourself up... even if what you choose is not "perfect."

I am not being melodramatic when I say that these past couple of months have been life-changing for me. I have adored exploring viewpoints, opening my mind and heart, and working on freeing myself of the need to judge. I truly hope you've had a beautiful, meaningful Lenten experience as well.

Button design by the spectacular Sidnie

No comments: