Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My Thoughts on Drinking Raw Milk


Lent '11: Letting Go of Judgment, Challenge 5 RESULTS

In case any of you have forgotten (or if you're new here- welcome!):

Week 5's Challenge was this:

Seek out information on an opposing viewpoint. Research a little. Find out what others think that makes them reach a different conclusion.

I read. A lot. I paid special attention to the links listed below. (Try not to be bothered by how, quite frankly, incredibly judgmental both of those posts are at some points. I think it comes from defensiveness since so many people attack the raw milk proponents. I'm not concerned about it.) Anyhow, rather than try to type it all out (I did try and it was LONG), I thought I'd just chat with you all for a moment and share some thoughts...




(p.s. Yes, I know my words do not match up with my lips in the video (it's not your computer, I promise)... and I can't figure out how to fix it! If it's really driving you batty, let me know in the comments, through email, or via twitter and I'll be happy to email you a link that DOES match up. My apologies for that!)

Links referenced:

Will the Real California Happy Cows Please Stand Up? from CheeseSlave
Why Skim Milk Will Make You Fat and Give You Heart Disease from The Healthy Home Economist

Did you participate this week? I'd love to read about what happened! Link up below or tell me about it in the comments:



No comments: